Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Married with children

Last night we had bed Olympics here at the Steen household. Now, for those of you who are single or married without kids, bed Olympics can be a fun thing. For us, not so much. Here's how bed Olympics works around this house:
Emma and Elsa insist they are afraid to sleep in their own room. So, they recline upon little nests of blankets on either side of my king-sized bed. Evan, for reasons known only to God, is a horrible sleeper and sleeps best when he's with me. In my bed. With me. And he insists on bringing matchbox cars and motorcycles to bed. My bed.
Then, Drew comes home around 11 p.m. and comes to bed around 12 or 1 a.m. Well, he tries to come to bed. By the time he gets around to attempting this, Emma has climbed into our bed with Evan and me. He tries wedging himself into bed with the three of us, but apparently three is max capacity.
Drew winds up in Emma's bed. But then, Elsa decides it's her turn in my bed. At 3:30 this morning. So, I put Emma in Elsa's bed and put Elsa where Emma was. At 3:30 this morning.
Did I mention that all this is going on at 3:30 this morning?
Well, folks, by now I am awake. I mean, awake. And, trying to go back to sleep did no good, since Evan woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 4:15. And tried to go outside and play.
I am tired, dear readers, and the day ain't over yet. I still have a pile of laundry, albeit clean, lying on Emma's bed. It may possibly get moved to a chair or dresser until tomorrow. More than likely.
Birth control, friends. Birth control...

2 comments:

Carolina said...

Child-proof your doors at night! Saran Wrap them into their beds... for goodness sake... a woman needs her rest!
:)
Love you! Hope you have a better night tonight!

jpdfrog said...

Would it help if I told you that at some point they will lock themselves in their rooms and refuse to let you in t all? And then, you will lose sleep waiting up for them, falling asleep in the chair by the window in the living room?

Would it also help if I told you that my MIL told me that she still lays awake at night and worries about her children, the youngest is 40!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I think that will help!!!!

About Me

Check out my other blog www.coolmomcars.blogspot.com